1. ORGANISATION AND ROUTE
Livigno Skymarathon is a skyrunning event scheduled to take place in Livigno on Saturday 15th June 2019. The route will run along the valleys of the Municipality of Livigno for a total of 34km with an uphill/downhill difference in height of 2,700 metres. The maximum altitude will be reached at Monte Saliente, 3047 metres a.s.l.. The race will take place on mountain trails with challenging up and downhill characteristics and some sections are equipped with fixed ropes. Participants will cover snow-covered sections, exposed ledges, steep pastures and stony ground. Good physical preparation and maximum caution are, therefore, required.
A race called Livigno K17 will also be organised on the same day, covering a shorter route of 17km.
Both the 34km and 17km races are to be considered each time the Livigno Skymarathon is mentioned in the points below.
The event, affiliated with sports promotion body Csen and FISKY, is open to all athletes from the junior category in possession of one of the following memberships valid for the year 2019: Csen, FIDAL, Fidal Runcard, Fidal Mountain & Trail Runcard. Athletes who are not in possession of one of the above memberships can sign up for a Csen card at the time of bib number collection at an additional cost of €10.
A Fisky daily membership card will be required for those with FIDAL, Fidal Runcard, Fidal Mountain & Trail Runcard memberships and must be paid upon registration (€ 5.00).
On the day of the race, all participants must be in possession of a valid certificate of fitness for competitive athletics.
Foreign athletes can take part in the competition if registered with their own athletics federations. Otherwise, the daily Fisky membership will be required for insurance reasons. This must be paid at the time of registration and costs €5.00.
Nonetheless, a copy of the medical certificate of fitness for sport practice or self-certification attesting that a medical examination has been performed must be provided in accordance with the Italian regulations in force.
Registration fees are as follows:
|FEE||LIVIGNO SKYMARATHON||LIVIGNO K17|
|Promo fee (until 31/12/18)||€ 45,00||€ 25,00|
|1° Fee (from 01/01/19 to 06/06/19)||€ 55,00||€ 35,00|
|2° Fee (from 07/06/19 to 12/06/19)||€ 65,00||€ 40,00|
A maximum number of 350 male and female athletes can take part in the Livigno Skymarathon.
Participation fees will not be refunded should a participant not be able to take part in the race, and it will not be possible to use the registration fee paid for the following year.
It is, however, possible to transfer a fee from one participant to another by 30th April 2019. After this date, a surcharge of Euro 10.00 will be applied.
4. CANCELLATION OR MODIFICATION
Race Director may change and/or modify the race at any time in terms of the route, starting method, length of track, finish point, etc., at their discretion. They may also suspend the competition at any time, in order to protect the safety of the athletes. Entry fees will not be refunded should the competition be cancelled.
Although not explicitly mentioned, the regulations apply in relation to the rules established by the ISF (International Skyrunning Federation) www.skyrunning.com.
6. PARTICIPANTS’ DUTIES
All participants are required:
• to wear their bib number visibly throughout the race;
• to be equipped with the following items for the entire duration of the competition:
o a windproof jacket;
o trail running shoes;
o a cup or container (flask, water bottle, etc.). Moreover, no plastic cups will be handed out with refreshments given the natural setting in which the competition takes place;
Athletes who are found not to have the above equipment will be punished with a penalty of 10 minutes. In case of bad weather, the organisation reserves the right to make other materials mandatory. These will be communicated on the event website and social media channels during the days before the event and on occasion of the briefing the evening before the race.
• to follow the regularly signposted route;
• to hand their bib numbers to the person in charge at the check point if stopped at the maximum time barrier.
• to inform the organisation and give their bib number to the people in charge of route control should they be withdrawn from the competition.
• to throw all their waste in the appropriate containers at refreshment points. Anyone caught throwing rubbish away along the route will be disqualified.
Fully aware of their responsibility for making false statements, athletes recognize and confirm they:
• have taken a direct look at the racecourse and that, in full compliance with their faculties, they have considered it fully suitable for their technical level;
• are well aware that the aforementioned route has sections with fixed ropes and exposed passages, although these are assisted by the staff of the organisation;
• are in possession of a skyrunning curriculum suited to the competition, having also, in the recent past, taken part in similar events and have enough mountain experience to tackle the above route;
• have been thoroughly informed by the organisers of the potential dangers of the event, that takes place in a mountain setting with all the consequent objective dangers that cannot be removed; all competitors, in view of this awareness, assume the risk;
• expressly exonerate the organisers from any liability for not serious negligence in relation to any accidents the athlete may have.
8. MAXIMUM TIME/BARRIERS
There are two time barriers
• Time frame 1: Baitél de la Sascia 8.7km, 2h00′ from the starting point.
• Time frame 2: Malga Federia approx. 19.2km, 5h30′ from the starting point.
The Organising Committee reserves the right to set up additional time frames in the presence of certain conditions that could affect participants’ safety.
A number of refreshment stations will be set up along the route, suited to the physical effort required by participants, as indicated below:
• Baitel del Cacciatore Km 4.7 (water);
• Baitel de la Sascia Km 8.7 (water, mineral salts, dried fruit, chocolate, biscuits);
• Cima Cassana Km 11,5 (water, tea, mineral salts, dried fruit, chocolate, biscuits);
• Passo Cassana Km 14.5 (water, mineral salts, cola, fresh & dried fruit, chocolate, biscuits);
• Chesa da Fedaria Km 19.2 (water, mineral salts, cola, tea, fresh & dried fruit, chocolate, biscuits);
• Lac Salin Km 22.2 (water, mineral salts, cola, tea, fresh & dried fruit, chocolate, biscuits);
• Madònon Km 24 (tea, chocolate, dried fruit);
• Baitel dal Cantòn Km 26.6 (water, biscuits, dried fruit);
• Intermediate Cableway Carousel Km 28.5 (water, mineral salts, cola, fresh & dried fruit, chocolate, biscuits).
The location of the refreshment points and type of food provided for each refreshment may vary depending on weather conditions or the accessibility to the stations identified.
There will be no plastic cups at refreshment stations as the race takes place in a protected area so each athlete must have their own personal cup.
Complaints shall be made in writing, specifying the name of the complainant and his/her bib number. This must be done either at the arrival line or immediately after publication of the provisional results. A deposit of €50 will be required, which will be refunded in case of acceptance of the complaint. Complaints may no longer be made one hour after publication of the provisional results. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the ISF representative, in accordance with ISF rules, shall apply.
The race is part of the Skyrunning World Series circuit and ranked as Super Sky, ensuring a double score for that ranking.
The race route is also ITRA certified (2 points).
12. PRIVACY STATEMENT
By registering for the event, participants declare they accept the use of images, photos and/or videos that will be utilised to advertise the event and/or territory for similar purposes, and that their personal data will be included in the archives of the Organiser. These data will be stored, kept strictly confidential by the organising committee and used for purposes related to the conduct of the race only, in accordance with Law No. 675/96 dated 31st December 1996, Art. 13. It is possible to correct or delete the data at any time.
The first 10 men and first 10 women will be awarded cash prizes as per the following table:
|1st Ranked||€ 2000,00||€ 2000,00|
|2nd Ranked||€ 1000,00||€ 1000,00|
|3rd Ranked||€ 500,00||€ 500,00|
|4th Ranked||€ 350,00||€ 350,00|
|5th Ranked||€ 300,00||€ 300,00|
|6th Ranked||€ 250,00||€ 250,00|
|7th Ranked||€ 200,00||€ 200,00|
|8th Ranked||€ 150,00||€ 150,00|
|9th Ranked||€ 125,00||€ 125,00|
|10th Ranked||€ 125,00||€ 125,00|
In-kind prizes will also be awarded to the first 3 men and first 3 women of the Skymarathon in the following categories (these cannot be combined with the absolute prizes):
• M/F 40 – 49 (born from 1970 to 1979)
• M/F 50 – 59 (born from 1960 to 1969)
• M/F 60 (born in 1959 or earlier)
Prize money will be halved should the organisation be forced to move the race to an alternative, shorter route due to adverse conditions caused by bad weather or for reasons that may put the safety of the athletes at risk.
14. ACCEPTANCE OF THE REGULATIONS
Participation in the Livigno Skymarathon implies acceptance by the registered competitors of these regulations in all their parts and without reservation. By registering, each competitor agrees to comply with these rules and relieves the organisers of any civil or criminal liability for accidents or incidents, for damage to persons or property which may occur during the Livigno Skymarathon event deriving from or caused by the participant. The race will take place in accordance with such regulations and any changes and notices that will be published on the website.