1. ORGANISATION AND ROUTE
Livigno Skymarathon is a Skyrunning event scheduled to take place in Livigno on Saturday 18th June 2022. The route will run along the valleys of the Municipality of Livigno for a total of 35kms with an uphill/downhill difference in height of 2,700 meters. The maximum altitude will be reached at Punta Cassana, 3061 meters a.s.l.. The race will take place on mountain trails with challenging up and downhill stretches including some sections equipped with fixed ropes. Participants will cross snowy stretches, exposed ledges, steep pastures and stony grounds. Good physical preparation and maximum caution are, therefore, required.
The race will take part inside a protected mountain environment; the Organizing Committee will therefore provide the route signage for the minimum time necessary to carry out the race in order to optimize the fauna respect.
A race called LIVIGNO SKY TRAIL will also be organized on the same day, covering a shorter route of 17kms. Both the 35kms and 19kms races are to be considered each time the Livigno Skymarathon is mentioned in the following points.
The event, affiliated with sports promotion body Csen and FISKY (Federazione Italiana Skyrunning), is open to all athletes in possession of a medical examination of fitness for competitive athletics with high cardiovascular commitment issued by a Sports Medicine Center (category B) valid on the day of the race.
To all the athletes, except for the Fisky members, will be asked the daily membership Fisky (€ 5,00) to be paid during the registration.
Foreign athletes can take part in the competition if registered with their own athletics federation.
Otherwise, for insurance reasons, the daily Fisky membership will be required and it must be paid at time of registration (€ 5.00). In any case, a copy of the medical certificate of fitness for sport practice or self-certification attesting that a medical check has been performed, must be provided, in accordance with the current Italian law.
Registration fees are as follows:
|LIVIGNO SKYMARATHON - 35 km
|LIVIGNO SKYMARATHON - 35 km
NO FISKY ATHLETE
|LIVIGNO SKY TRAIL - 17 km|
|€ 55,00||€ 60,00*||€ 35,00|
*the registration fee includes the Fisky daily membership of 5,00 Euros, necessary for participation in the race.
Participation fees will not be refunded whether a participant would not be able to take part in the race, and it will not be possible to use the paid registration fee for the following year. It is, however, possible to transfer a registration fee from one participant to another within 30th April 2022. After that date, a surcharge of Euro 10.00 will be applied.
For organization reasons a maximum limit in the registrations is fixed as follows:
– 350 athletes for the Livigno Skymarathon.
That maximum limit could be increased by the Organizing Committee where the conditions exist.
4. CANCELLATION OR MODIFICATION
Race Director may, at his/her discretion, change and/or modify the race at any time (e.g. route, starting way, length of track, finish point, etc.). Race Director may also suspend the competition at any time, in order to protect the safety of the athletes. In case of cancellation of the race, entry fees will not be refunded.
Although not explicitly mentioned, the rules apply in relation to the regulations established by the ISF (International Skyrunning Federation) www.skyrunning.com.
6. PARTICIPANTS’ DUTIES
All participants are required to:
- wear their bib number visibly throughout the race;
- to be equipped with the following items for the entire duration of the competition:
- a windproof jacket,
- trail running shoes;
- a cup or container (flask, water bottle, etc.). Athlete who is found not to have the above equipment will be punished with a penalty of 10 minutes. In case of bad weather, the organization reserves the right to make other materials mandatory. These will be communicated on the event website and social media channels the days before the event and during the briefing the evening before the race.
- to follow the regularly signposted route;
- to hand their bib numbers to the person in charge at the check point, if stopped at the maximum time barrier;
- to inform the organization and give their bib number to the people in charge of control on the route, in case of abandonment of the competition;
- to throw all their waste in the appropriate containers at refreshment points. Anyone caught throwing rubbish away along the route will be disqualified.
Fully aware of his/her responsibility for making false statements, athlete recognizes and confirms to:
- have read the rules and Covid Protocol in all their parts and fully accept the content;
- have taken a direct look at the race course and that, in full compliance with his/her faculties, to have considered it fully suitable for his/her technical level;
- be well aware that the aforementioned route has sections with fixed ropes and exposed passages, although these are assisted by the staff of the organization;
- be in possession of a skyrunning curriculum suited to the competition he/she’s registering for, having also, in the recent past, taken part in similar events and have enough mountain experience to tackle the above route;
- have been thoroughly informed by the organizers of the potential dangers of the event, that takes place in a mountain setting with all the consequent objective dangers that cannot be removed; and, in view of this awareness, to assume the risk anyway;
- expressly exonerate the organizers from any liability for not serious negligence in relation to any accidents in which the athlete may be victim.
8. MAXIMUM TIME/BARRIERS
There are two time barriers for Livigno Skymarathon
– Barrier 1: entrance rise Mott.
– Barrier 2: Baitél de la Sascia.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to set up additional time frames in the presence of certain conditions that could affect participants’ safety.
A number of refreshment stations will be set up along the route, suited to the physical effort required by participants.
The location of the refreshment points and type of food provided for each refreshment may vary depending on weather conditions or the accessibility to the identified stations.
Complaints shall be made in writing, specifying the name of the complainant and his/her bib number. This must be done either at the arrival line or immediately after publication of the provisional results. A deposit of €50,00 will be required, which will be refunded in case of acceptance of the complaint. Complaints may no longer be made one hour after publication of the provisional results. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the ISF representative, in accordance with ISF rules, shall apply.
11. PRIVACY STATEMENT
By registering for the event, participants declare they accept the use of images, photos and/or videos that will be utilized to advertise the event and/or territory for similar purposes, and that their personal data will be included in the archives of the Organizer. These data will be stored, kept strictly confidential by the organizing committee and used for purposes related to the conduct of the race only, in accordance with Law No. 675/96 dated 31st December 1996, Art. 13. It is possible to correct or delete the data at any time.
The absolute first 10 men and the absolute first 10 women will be awarded cash prizes as per the following table:
|1st Ranked||€ 2000,00||€ 2000,00|
|2nd Ranked||€ 1000,00||€ 1000,00|
|3rd Ranked||€ 500,00||€ 500,00|
|4th Ranked||€ 350,00||€ 350,00|
|5th Ranked||€ 300,00||€ 300,00|
|6th Ranked||€ 250,00||€ 250,00|
|7th Ranked||€ 200,00||€ 200,00|
|8th Ranked||€ 150,00||€ 150,00|
|9th Ranked||€ 125,00||€ 125,00|
|10th Ranked||€ 125,00||€ 125,00|
In-kind prizes will also be awarded to the first 3 men and first 3 women of the Skymarathon in the following categories (these prizes cannot be combined with the absolute prizes):
- M/F 40 – 49
- M/F 50 – 59
- M/F 60
The Money prize will be halved in case the organization shall be forced to move the race to an alternative, shorter route, due to adverse conditions caused by bad weather or for reasons that may put the safety of the athletes at risk.
13. ACCEPTANCE OF THE REGULATIONS
Participation in the Livigno Skymarathon implies acceptance, by the registered runners, of these rules in all their parts and without reservation. By registering, each runner agrees to comply with these rules and relieves the organizers of any civil or criminal liability for accidents or incidents, for damage to people or things which may occur during the event called “Livigno Skymarathon”, deriving from, or caused by the participant. The race will take place in accordance with these rules and with any changes and notices that will be published on the website.
The event will take place in compliance with the anti Covid-19 regulations in force on the date of the event.